What do I Pay?
What fees are due upon applying?
The following fees are due in full at the time of application and are required in order to reserve a space at the Regent. Our application is available online. Fees can be paid directly from your checking or savings account or, for a small third-party fee by credit/debit card, at the time of application.
- Application Fee: Steve Brown Apartments does not charge application fees.
- Deposit: A $100 deposit is due in full at the time of application and is required in order to reserve your space until the application process is complete. This deposit will be applied towards the balance of your $300 security deposit which is due at your lease signing.
If the application is rejected by management, the deposit will be refunded in full. If the application is approved and the applicant fails to take occupancy, management will retain the deposit.
How much is the security deposit? What other fees are there?
The following fees are due prior to move-in and can be paid directly from your checking or savings account or, for a small third-party fee by credit/debit card, prior to move-in.
- First Installment: Your first installment payment is due in full on or before August 1st. All payments follow an installment schedule for the total contract amount and are not based on occupancy.
- Security Deposit: A security deposit, which is equal to $300, is due at lease signing. (As noted above, $50 of this payment comes from the deposit you previously paid.)
Monthly Recurring Charges
Monthly recurring charges can be paid directly from your checking or savings account or, for a small third-party fee by credit/debit card, on or before their due date.
- Installments: For our standard lease term (which runs from late August to mid-May), your total contract price is paid in nine equal installments. These installments are due on the first of the month from August through April. If you have a non-standard lease term, please follow the payment schedule outlined in your lease.
- Utilities: Heat, electric, water/sewer, laundry, and Internet with speeds up to 100Mbps are included for a flat rate $75/per installment., per person fee. To access the free Internet you’ll need to bring an ethernet cable and/or your wireless router. Cable TV and phone are available, but are not included.
One Time Fees
Additional one time fees may occur during the length of your lease, including: sublet fees, late rent payment fees, lost key/lock change. These amounts are outlined in your lease.
Steve Brown Apartments requires that each resident maintain a renters insurance policy, with a minimum limit of liability for bodily injury and property damage of $100,000, throughout the term of their lease. We also require that you name SBA Management Services as an “Additional Interested Party” on the policy.
How much does renters insurance cost?
Most policies cost $15 or less per month. This small monthly bill can protect you from accidents that could end up costing you tens of thousands of dollars in damages.
Why should I carry renters insurance?
To protect you from a variety of accidents and losses, especially the very expensive ones we see almost every year. For example, in early 2013 a resident accidentally released the fire sprinkler valve in their unit and caused $40,000 in damage to their belongings, their apartment, their neighbor’s apartment, and the common areas in their building. Fortunately, this resident had renters insurance and the damages were covered by their policy instead of out of their pocket.
What does a renters insurance policy generally cover?
- Theft, such as stolen notebook computers or a missing package from UPS, FedEx, etc.
- Damage from smoke, lightning, windstorms, or hail
- Vandalism or theft of your bike or damage to your property by a vehicle
- Water damage caused to the property and your personal items from overflowing toilets and tubs
- Liability for bodily injury to other persons
How do I get a renters insurance policy?
Simply add the policy with the company that holds your vehicle insurance, or call the insurance agent (or agency) of your choice. If you don’t have a preferred insurance provider, you’re encouraged to consider Resident Insure. All of our properties are pre-approved for coverage so you can sign up in less than five minutes. Log in to your Online Resident Portal to sign up!
Can I wait until I’ve moved in to start my coverage?
Per our lease agreement, all residents without insurance on their move in day will be added to our master policy and the charge for renters insurance coverage will be added to your account. Once we have proof of independent coverage we’ll remove you from the master policy.
What property amenities are included?
- Service desk that’s open day and night, seven days a week
- Friendly staff
- A computer station with Mac and Windows
- Game room with pool table, ping pong and snack machines
- Resident lounge with gaming consoles and flat screen TV
- Outdoor patio, picnic area, grill station, fire pit, volleyball and basketball
- Cardio and weight equipment and separate studio with FREE Fitness On Demand classes.
- Private and group study rooms.
- Free Laundry View: an online monitoring system that allows you to check machine availability, monitor your laundry’s progress and receive an email or text message when your laundry is done
- Parking available for lease
Are pets allowed?
For the consideration of all neighbors, cats and dogs are not allowed in The Regent Apartments. Qualified service animals are always welcome without a fee.
Pet Types Allowed: Fish (Cats, dogs, birds, and small or exotic pets are not allowed.)
Are utilities included?
Heat, electric, water/sewer, laundry and Internet are included for a flat rate $75/per installment, per person. To access the free internet you’ll need to bring an ethernet cable and/or your wireless router.
These are the current service providers available at The Regent:
- Telephone Provider: ResTech Services · 608-663-3868
- DirecTV (Cable TV) Provider: ResTech Services · 608-663-3868
Are your apartments furnished? If so, what’s included?
- Your BEDROOM will come with a writing desk and chair, a dresser, and a single bed. Single beds are standard size. Sheets, pillows, blankets, and mattress pads are not included; window coverings are.
- The LIVING ROOM (in 1- and 2-Bedroom apartments) comes with a sofa, chair, coffee table, and an end table. There is also a small dining table with chairs.
- The KITCHEN in all 1-, 2-. and 3-bedroom apartments include a refrigerator, stove/oven, microwave, and dishwasher. Studios include a refrigerator and, in some units, a range and/or microwave. There are kitchen cabinets as well. Potholders, pans, silverware, etc. are not included.
- Each BATHROOM has a sink, vanity, mirror, commode and shower stall. Your shower curtain and hooks will be provided. You will need to provide your own toilet paper, towels, rugs, and a wastebasket.
How does trash pick up work?
- Trash should be taken to the trash rooms that are located on your floor on a regular basis. There are two on each floor, one on the east and one on the west side. If you live on the first floor, you can use the provided dumpsters near our West lot.
- Recycling is mandatory and all recycling receptacles are single stream (mixed) – you do not need to sort cans, boxes, glass, etc. Please visit the city’s website for complete details on which items may be recycled.
Is smoking allowed on the property?
The Regent is a smoke-free apartment community.
What is the parking situation?
Other apartment policies and guidelines:
- We will provide light bulbs for all fixtures and batteries for your smoke detector. Please let us know when you need lightbulbs replaced. We will monitor your smoke detector.
- It is recommended that you have a plunger for your toilet and hair traps for shower drains. You are responsible for maintaining free-running drains. Please do not flush sanitary napkins.
- Please don’t overload your electrical outlets. This practice causes circuit breakers to blow, and in some cases can cause fires.
- You must keep the hallways in the buildings common areas clear to keep other residents safe.
- Be a good neighbor. If you see something suspicious, please report it to the authorities or to us. Also, make sure you don’t prop open security-locked building entrances.
- For the safety of all residents, you may not bring dangerous weapons, ammunition, fireworks, explosives or illegal drugs.
- If you leave your apartment unattended for more than a day or two, please take these precautions: In the summer, turn off the A/C. In the winter, make sure your windows are latched closed. Always lock all doors and windows and remove any trash.
I have a non-emergency maintenance issue. Who do I contact?
Non-Emergency Maintenance: Non-emergency maintenance requests can be completed online or you can reach us by phone during normal business hours.
I need emergency maintenance. Who do I call?
-Emergency Maintenance: If an emergency happens during normal business hours, please call our offices immediately. If emergency maintenance is needed when our offices are closed, call 608-283-3133.
-Critical Emergencies: If you experience a critical emergency, such as a fire or gas leak, call the appropriate authority first: Police and fire, call 911. Gas or electricity emergency, call MGE at 608-252-7111. After the authorities have been notified, please also call our offices or the emergency maintenance line, 608-283-3133.
What information do I need to know about moving into my apartment?
Our standard move-in date is August 31st from 8 a.m. to 5 p.m. Mid-August move-in dates are generally available as well; the actual date varies each year. We hope your move-in experience will be a positive one. In order to help you with your move-in arrangements, we encourage you to use this checklist:
Before the Move
- Enroll in a Renters Insurance Policy and send us a copy of the insurance certificate. Keys will not be issued unless an insurance certificate has been provided.
- Be sure the total of earnest money and security deposit due for your apartment is paid on or before your arrival. Keys will not be issued unless the security deposit and first month’s rent for the entire apartment are paid in full.
- If you’re moving in during the month of August, you do not need to make a move-in appointment so long as you arrive during normal office hours on the move-in date in your lease. If you are moving in during a different month, or are arriving after hours, please ensure that you have scheduled a time for check-in with your Resident Relations Coordinator.
- We can accept packages that are shipped to your new address within one day of your lease start date. We cannot allow you access to your room to leave boxes prior to move-in day, nor can we accept packages that arrive more than one day prior to your lease start date, or that do not have your name and apartment number on them. Any packages you are planning to have shipped should use this address format: your name, 1402 Regent St., your apartment number, Madison, WI 53711.
- Time permitting, we will place packages in your unit. If you do not want us to place your packages in your unit, please let us know in advance. Please note that the Company will not be responsible for any packages that are damaged or lost. If you are shipping valuable items, please arrange to have them arrive when you will be here to sign for them.
- If you are in need of parking, there is a good chance we still have parking available. Call our offices today to secure a spot.
- Roommate assignments will be emailed to you about four weeks prior to your move-in day. We encourage you to contact your roommates in advance of your arrival to decide who will bring which items.
- To access the free internet, you’ll need to bring an ethernet cable and/or your wireless router.
Day of the Move
- Upon arrival, you’ll check in at The Regent’s Leasing Office, which is located at 1402 Regent Street. Our main entrance is on the backside of the building off the parking lot.
- Our parking lot at 1402 Regent St. will be open for you to park in during your appointment or while working with our staff. As a courtesy to all residents, please do not leave your vehicle in the lot for extended periods of time.
- Your move-in orientation will generally take less than fifteen minutes. We’ll make sure all balances are paid and provide you with your new keys and all of the other necessities you’ll need.
- Please fill out and return your move-in inspection sheet. This form is to protect your security deposit – write down any problems at the beginning to help avoid charges at the end of your lease!
- Please make sure all of your keys work and your doors have working locks.
Our MOVE-IN GUARANTEE!
At The Regent, we guarantee that if your vacant apartment doesn’t meet your expectations when the door is first opened on move-in day, and if you call our office and we can’t fix it, your first night is on us!
Ready to Reserve Your Spot?
Get started right now
Apply for an apartment at the Regent using our convenient online application process. Register to join our Online Resident Portal, then fill out your application form. We’ll rush your lease to you right away!Apply Now